Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Unchosen - Alisa Mullen

The next book in the series.

Summery - We join currently prego Lizzie O'Mally and her struggle with dealing with a broken heart, Managing a job, and a new baby. Lizzie hasn't had it easy and she's made sacrifices. Without her family I am sure it would be much harder on her.

Rating - 4/5 stars. The first book was amaze-balls. The second one, does not disappoint. Im really hard on the books I read. I either love them or hate them. I certainly don't hate this one.

Genre - New Adult.

Language  - Yes, this author likes to swear. Its good for the soul.

About this book - Lizzie is coming to terms to growing up, and a pregnancy will make anyone grow up fast.
Lizzie goes on this journey to find herself, and tries to find a way to deal with her broken heart. As a woman, I know the only way to deal with a broken heart is time, plain and simple.

Its an act of letting go, and then dealing with even that part. Who hasn't gone through that. Growing up is like being water, and water is flexible. What water doesn't have is emotions; and emotions run deep.

I can't say enough how this book really hits the human emotions pretty hard. Alisa really nails it on the head, every time.

Life is messy, and Lizzie is doing the best she can, she will undoubtedly fall down and make stupid mistakes, but she is grown up enough to deal with it.

When she meets Nick, she's slammed with instant attraction but can't really quite bring herself to act on it. Understandable after all she has been through. Guys are total dunceheads sometimes.

Nick is patient, he's the kind of guy that's borne right out of Texas. Get's the door's. Pays for meals and thank god he doesn't strut around in cowboy boots. He isn't to obnoxious which is saying ALOT.

One thing that I am glad for is that Lizzie doesn't run into Teagan while she is on her quest to letting him go. That would just suck! in far more ways than one. I couldn't really see how that would play out with her son Niall.

Everyone knows I am not big into spoilers. Im seriously not, but with Lizzie keeping Nick in the friend zone. It drives me nuts, because Lizzie litteraly needs to be smacked in the face at some point. When everyone is telling her. "That guy is crazy about you."

So lets fastfoward over it the details. Spoiler, spoiler spoiler DRAMA!

Really I thought this book was going to end with the Happily Ever After. Other wise known as the HEA. Things are great for Lizzie and Nick. Like the sappy, lets decorate the house and hope the russian mafia doesn't come and get you kind.

The twist at the end made me eyeroll for a moment, but I really want to know what happens next. If SPOILER, does SPOILER and gets SPOILER and I hope SPOILER!

Sorry guys. I can't give those details away. Its not in my game plan. You'll just have to read it.

I laughed with Lizzie, I cried with Lizzie and I wanted to shake her for being so stupid. In the end I completely understand why she did what she did.

Now the big question.Would  I let my grandma read this series. YES! Absolutely! I'd recommend it to my mom. If only to hand her tissues when she cries and comfort her with "I know honey. Lets bust out the truffles and you can tell me all about it."

In all seriousness. This book series slams home on so many levels. Not many authors writes about how it really is in relationships. Most glam it up with impossible scenario's. All I want to see, is Lizzie happy with herself and with her life.


Read this book! Read the first one! and get ready for the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment