Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Escaping Destiny

I'm addicted to Romance Novels, of all genre's.

Rating: Super Hot, must be over 18+ Years old. Yes, I'd recommend this to any of my friends who suffer from Romance addiction.

That may include my Aunt, Mom and Grandma too.

Recently Ive come across a lovely self published author doing a rather pointed search for Romance and Fae, and my first initial thoughts upon reading the first novel was this. "Oh my god is HAS to be Karen Marie Moning writing as under a pseudonym"As I found myself comparing the two, then stopped and tapped my nook after finishing the book to see if there was another novel to continue the series.  It totally wasn't Karen and I had this new found joy of finding a gem in a sea of writers and countless vampire Stories

To my utter joy! There was a second novel!

I couldn't wait to read the adventure of Syn and Ryder, at first to figure out what Ryder was. Sure he was hiding his uniqueness, and then things shifted focus on Syn and what she was. It all comes to a head in the third book, and doesn't hold back any punches or lack for detail.

I loath giving out spoilers to those who haven't read this series, and I am HUGE in support self published authors and I have read ALOT of authors over the years, and recently decided to start doing book reviews, I am so happy that I have this opportunity to read this book and write a review about it.

Syn and Ryders story base around the magical world of the fae and a somewhat seemingly prophecy of the fae. While Ryder is determined to uphold the prophecy at whatever cost, he is conflicted by his love for Syn and his part in the story, although he doesn't really know her part in this story.

Amelia Hutchins has this uncanny ability to get straight to the root of the human psyche, and create complex worlds and make them believable. Her world that she has created has twists and turns that you really don't see coming until its already upon you and get this little bit of a foreboding just before it rears up and smacks you in the face with its intensity. 

I am really looking forward to book four, and sinking my teeth a little bit farther into the meat of the story. I can't say how rare it really is for a self published Author and how hard it is for a writer to really make that jump. Am I am SO glad she did, there is nothing out their quite like her style; and call me a little biased; but I'd rather read Amelia's work any day over Karen's.

Both story's have similarities, but in my opinion. While Karen skirts around the Fae and only uses them to thicken the plot. Amelia makes them apart of her plot, apart of the story, and 100% apart of the characters in general.

Pure Talent.

If you haven't read this Series. You NEED to.

Starting with
Book 1 - Fighting Destiny
Book 2 - Taunting Destiny
Book 3 - Escaping Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment